Sverdrup Lutheran was established on March 6th, 1876 by seven men of Lutheran heritage. The congregation of 12 met in a private home. The first Church was built in 1908 north of Underwood in the present Cemetery location. Since then we have moved two times, first in 1917 to Main Street in Underwood, and then in 1998 to our current location as shown in the picture. Since 1876, we have grown to a family of 200+ members within the family of God. Here we worship, laugh, and cry together as people of God who belong to each other. With our brothers and sisters in Christ, the joys are multiplied and the sorrows divided. We are blessed to be in mission in our time and place and to be able to share the Good News of God's love for the world with each other and our community.
Today, we offer a variety of services: Sunday Morning Worship, Children's Sunday School, Sunday School Choir, Contemporary Band, Sanctuary Bell Choir, Sanctuary Vocal Choir, Chapter of the Women of the ELCA (WELCA), and a member in the Otter Tail County Lutheran Youth Organization (OTC-LYO).